Cover Photo Courtesy: Audacy
Starting today (Mon. May 9th, 2022), the city will be enforcing a penalty for parking in the areas around the city marked “No Parking”. The sign also warns that “Motorists must adhere to posted ‘no parking’ signs to avoid fees. According to a 6 ABC Philly report, the fines and no parking signs are part of the city’s “Mechanical Cleaning Program” that begins today.
The program, with an alleged price tag of $62 million dollars, runs throughout 14 neighborhoods throughout the city. According to a statement from “the city”, these 6 areas will be affected during certain times starting today:
- NORTH PHILLY: From Broad Street to 22nd Street, from Glenwood Avenue to Diamond Street.
- KENSINGTON: From 2nd Street to Kensington Avenue, from Tioga Street to Lehigh Avenue.
- SOUTH PHILLY: From Mckean Street to Oregon Avenue, from 4th Street to 8th Street.
- SOUTHWEST PHILLY: From Woodland Avenue to Kingsessing Avenue, from 49th Street to Cemetary Avenue.
- STRAWBERRY MANSION: From Diamond Street to Lehigh Avenue, From S4edgley Street to 33rd Street.
- WEST PHILLY: From Parkside Avenue to Spring Garden Street, from 52nd Street to 40th Street.
Be sure to check for ‘No Parking’ signs when parking in these areas starting this week. The Philadelphia Parking Authority had been issuing warnings on cars parked in these areas during the scheduled times. The PPA says that starting today, there will be no more warnings. The program reportedly will run through Tuesday November 30th, 2022. The cleanups are scheduled for intervals of two hours. 9 am -11 am, 11 am – 1 pm, and 1pm – 3pm.
The report says you can track the movement of the cleaning trucks online via GPS with the StreetsSmartPHL tracking tool.